Source does not compile with latest version of Portable Library Tools

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

An attempt to compile this source code with the latest Portable Library Tools results in the following errors.

Error 1 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments WorkerThread.cs 18 22 PortableTPL
Error 2 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a definition for 'IsBackground'  WorkerThread.cs 18 46 PortableTPL
Error 3 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a definition for 'Name'  WorkerThread.cs 18 67 PortableTPL
Error 4 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a definition for 'Start' and no extension method 'Start' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Threading.Thread' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  WorkerThread.cs 20 20 PortableTPL

I did some searching through the discussion threads on VS Gallery and found some posts that indicate they may have removed a bit of threading functionality since the last release of PortableTPL. Are there plans for any more updates to this project with the latest Portable Library Tools?

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Hello,

I stopped this library since we removed threading support in Portable Library.

So there is no plan to update it for now, I'm sorry :(

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Thanks for the update, Deltakosh. We've found that some of the functionality we need is available in Silverlight 5 RC. Thanks for your help. cheers!