Source does not compile with latest version of Portable Library Tools

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM

An attempt to compile this source code with the latest Portable Library Tools results in the following errors.

Error 1 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments WorkerThread.cs 18 22 PortableTPL
Error 2 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a definition for 'IsBackground'  WorkerThread.cs 18 46 PortableTPL
Error 3 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a definition for 'Name'  WorkerThread.cs 18 67 PortableTPL
Error 4 'System.Threading.Thread' does not contain a definition for 'Start' and no extension method 'Start' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Threading.Thread' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  WorkerThread.cs 20 20 PortableTPL

I did some searching through the discussion threads on VS Gallery and found some posts that indicate they may have removed a bit of threading functionality since the last release of PortableTPL. Are there plans for any more updates to this project with the latest Portable Library Tools?

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Hello,

I stopped this library since we removed threading support in Portable Library.

So there is no plan to update it for now, I'm sorry :(

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Thanks for the update, Deltakosh. We've found that some of the functionality we need is available in Silverlight 5 RC. Thanks for your help. cheers!